Mainly due to privacy reasons, Zoom had to restrict users from recording meetings had on the app, a feature that was initially allowed. Now, unless the host of the Zoom meeting permits the recording of the meeting, participants are disallowed to have a recorded version of it. Zoom became a very important tool for workers and students during the pandemic since the whole world was on lockdown. Different meetings and seminars were organized on the platform, and while some hosts had disabled the record option for their participants, many have been on the lookout for ways to get around this restriction.
So if you are a participant of a Zoom meeting with the record feature disabled by the host, this article provides a guide to help with the situation.
Zoom Meeting Record Without Permission – Android
Android users that need to record the meetings they have had over Zoom without the permission of their host read through the guide below.
The main tools for this trick on Android are screen recorder apps, and we recommend using the Mobizen app.
- Head over to the Google Play Store on your device, search for ‘mobile screen recorder’, and have it installed on your device.
- Once it is installed, do launch the App. Then, begin to screen record by clicking the circle button. Make any amendments to suit how you want the recording to be and enable all requirements from the Mobizen App. By now, the screen record should have begun.
- The next step is joining the meeting you want to be recorded on the Zoom App. Make sure you don’t interrupt the screen record process until the Zoom meeting is over. And also, the Mobizen screen recorder app should be launched first before joining the Zoom meeting because if you do otherwise, there’s no chance of screen recording the entire meeting. The recording will only begin when the Mobizen App is started.
- When the meeting is over, stop recording by clicking the circle again. If you don’t stop recording immediately after the meeting, the screen recorder will record every other activity done on your phone.
- The recorded meeting would be saved to your phone automatically. Now you have your meeting recorded even if the host doesn’t permit you.
Zoom Meeting Record Without Permission – iPhone/iPad
Helpful enough, iPhones generally have built-in screen recorders already, so a screen recording a Zoom meeting is quite simple if you happen to use an iPhone. From your Control Center, check to see if the circle screen record button is available. If not, go to your phone settings, navigate through and select the Control Center. Then, open ‘customize controls’; from here, you can edit the tools in your Control Center, so add the screen record option. Now you have the record button in your Control Center, follow the instructions below.
- Swipe up or down depending on the iPhone version you use to open the Control Center
- Then, tap the screen record button to start. Since it’s the Zoom meeting you are interested in, you might not want your phone to record external audio, so in that case, do not turn on the microphone.
- Now, join the Zoom meeting you wish to have recorded and do not interrupt the process. Wait until the meeting is over.
- Once you want to end the recording, open the Control Center and click the record button once more.
- The recorded Zoom meeting is now saved to your iPhone/iPad.
Zoom Meeting Record Without Permission On PC – Windows/Mac OS.
With your Zoom meeting host restricting you, as a participant, from recording the meeting on your PC, there is many software available that is compatible with both the Windows and Mac OS offering you help on going about this problem. They are screen recording software for your PC that is not complicated to operate and easy to interact with.
The DemoCreator software is widely used by many to record online meetings of various sorts. With unique and easy-to-use features, there’s little wonder why many use it.
How do you use the DemoCreator to record your Zoom meetings?
Let’s Go On!
- First, have the DemoCreator software downloaded, installed, and ready to use on your PC
- Open the software and adjust the settings to suit yourself. Also, make sure the settings enable a smooth recording of your meeting.
- When you have updated your settings, click the record button to record your Zoom meeting.
- When you are done having the meeting, click the record button again to stop the software from recording.
- You have successfully recorded your Zoom meeting using the DemoCreator software.
2. ZD Soft
Apart from screen recording online meetings, ZD Soft enables users to make videos and even Livestream events. To record your Zoom meetings using ZD Soft, follow the guide below.
- Install ZD Soft screen recorder software on your PC.
- Launch the software and click record meeting
- Then, click the record button, and without your host’s permit, you can now record your Zoom meeting.
- Click the record button again to stop recording and choose the location to be saved.
I hope this helps. I have seen this Quora thread that explains everything but we thought having a proper article about this topic could really help.