I am living in Pakistan, and I have successfully received four payments from Medium. If you live in a country where Stripe is not available, and you want to join the Medium Partner program. Different writers from India, Pakistan, Srilanka, middle-eastern countries, African countries have contacted me to show them how to Join the Medium partner program. The process is a bit difficult through direct messaging, so I thought, why not document the process in an article.
I found about Medium through Quora and joined Medium as a writer in March 2019, but I wasn’t in the Medium partner program; I joined MPP at the very beginning of 2020 and only made over $4.4 in one month and then made a good contribution by writing and leveling content on Medium. I write unique articles and have published over 120 Medium stories back then.
- 1 The requirements for joining the Medium Partner program from non-stripe countries
- 2 The Three-step Procedure to Get Into MPP
- 3 Step#1: Joining The Medium Partner program:
- 4 Step#2 Filling the Tax form
The requirements for joining the Medium Partner program from non-stripe countries
There is something you need to do before you start applying for the Medium partner program.
- A Bank account in your own country: Yes, a bank account will help you make a Payoneer account. You can’t create a Payoneer account if you don’t have a bank account. So make sure that you have a bank account in the country you are living in.
- An approved Payoneer account: It takes three to five working days to get approved when you apply for the Payoneer account. Without getting the approved email, you can’t access the “Globel Payment option,” which is relevant to owning a US virtual bank account.
These two requirements will help you join the Medium partner program from India, Pakistan, or any country where Stripe is not available. You could also use your relative bank account to make the Payoneer account which is the essential requirement here.
You can watch this video and learn the process of joining the Medium Partner Program from almost any country:
The Three-step Procedure to Get Into MPP
- Joining the Medium Partner program: The first step is to join the Medium partner program by making a stripe Account.
- Verifying your Stripe account: They take two documents to verify your identity. First, you have to provide them the digital version of the Country Identification. Then, for Pakistani writers who want to join, you have to give them your CNIC digital photocopy, similar for people in every country.
- You are filling a Tax form. This is the easiest thing among the two. All you have to do is fill the box with relevant information, and you will be set to get paid from Medium.
Also Read: What Are Some Sites Similar To Medium.com?
Step#1: Joining The Medium Partner program:
- Go to your Medium, click on your profile, and select the “Medium Partner program” from the drop-down menu.
- It will lead to another page, click on “Join the Medium Partner program,” it will lead to the following page.
- Click on the “Continue to payout setup” it will lead you to the following page.
- When you click on the “Set up payouts on Stripe,” It will lead you to another page where you can add information about the country you are living in. You have to select the United States because your Virtual bank account is in the United States. All other information should be according to the actual address where you are living. The country section adds “The United States” in the type of entity section, add “Company,” and select the Country code and enter your mobile number.
You will receive a code on your Mobile number, which you have to enter into the dashboard.
- In the following process, you have to enter your Business Name and the website of the business. Then, you can fill out that form through the following method.
- This part is the most important while getting into the Medium partner program from countries where Stripe is unavailable. The biggest problem most writers face while signing in for the Medium partner program is that they don’t have a US bank account, but the good news is that you could also use a Virtual US Bank account to sign in for the Medium partner program.
The two things you have to enter is your “Routing number” and “Account number”
This is where your Payoneer account comes into play.
If you want to create a publication or want to read thousands of writers on Medium, Join Medium membership. Join Medium membership at $5/month
Here is how you could find your routing number and account number in your Payoneer account:
- Go to your Payoneer account.
- Click on the “Receive” option.
- Select the “Globel Payment option.”
- Now, you have three bank account. Click on the US Bank account.
- Boom, you will get a Routing number and account number.
- Enter it into the steps page.
- Congratulations, you joined the Medium Partner program. This is the end of the first and the second step.
Step#2 Filling the Tax form
The process is still not complete. You are in the Medium Partner program but not yet eligible to get paid because you must fill the tax form.
Click on “Submit Taxpayer information.”
It will lead you to a page where you can select different options for submitting your tax info. Select the first option and submit the address, real name based on where you are locating.
After filling this form, you have to write great stories. Then, every fifth of the month, Medium will start processing your money in Stripe to your Payoneer, and on 8 to 9th of the date, you will receive money on your Payoneer account.
You can then transfer those Payoneer dollars to your bank account or use any other source.
Read more articles about ‘Medium’ we have published:
- Free Medium membership: 3 Ways to get Medium membership for free
- Medium Alternatives: 7 Sites like Medium to write and make money
- Amazon affiliate marketing: How to Guide for affiliate marketing on Medium
- Substack Vs Medium: Which writing platform is the best?
- Medium SEO: How to rank your Medium articles in Google search?
- Can you have multiple accounts on Medium?