Bank of America is one of the largest banks in the United States, and also it’s considered a $2 trillion assets holder bank in the entire country. So everyone feels they might be lucky to have an account in this bank. Still, the charges of opening and managing the perfAccountrmace in this bank remind you to have a bank account in another bank except for the bank of America. Because it’s very costly as compared to other banks.
So how can you close the bank of America Account? You can follow the below process to close the bank of America accounts quickly. As long as you follow the steps outlined in this article, you should complete the Bank of America account closing process. This article is provided for information purposes only. Bank of America may not offer you a refund. If you decide to get a refund, it will be for the total cost of the transaction, not just for the fees mentioned in this article.
- 1 Is there any possibility of closing the Bank of America account?
- 2 How can you close a bank of America account online?
- 3 [Video] How to Close Bank of America Account Online? Can You Close BOA Account Online?
- 4 Things to take care of before closing the Account
- 5 FAQs
- 5.0.1 What will we do if there is no online closing option?
- 5.0.2 Are there any hidden charges to close the bank of America accounts online?
- 5.0.3 What are the Charges taken by banks for maintaining a low balance account?
- 5.0.4 Closing the Account will affect my Credit Score?
- 5.0.5 What are the options available to close the bank of America accounts online?
- 6 Conclusion
Is there any possibility of closing the Bank of America account?
If you have a checking or savings account in the bank of America, then you have to maintain some balance into your Account according to their standards and policies. So if you can’t keep your balance according to your account type, they will take some extra charges on your Account at around $25. They will follow some policy like every user if they spend $300 or a smaller amount in the entire month, they should pay some extra charges to maintain a small balance in their Account.
But these are some terrible charges; some users are tired of giving these charges, so they migrate to other banks or third-party solutions to open their new accounts. Also, there is no option available to close the Bank of America accounts online. With their application, there are no facilities to close their Account so wh, at’s the exact procedure to complete the bank of America account? Kindly follow this article.
How can you close a bank of America account online?
- The closing process of the Bank of America account is something that most people dread. It has been estimated that close to ninety-five percent of all charges in Bank of America are closed during the open sign stage. This means that you could be one of the few to get out of the process. If you have not yet received your statement, then you are part of the group that has the most extended wait. If this sounds like a situation you would like to have, then read on.
- The first thing that you must do before the process of closing begins is to obtain your statement. You can either do this over the phone or online. You will have to give your account number and routing number if you are calling the bank. You will also have to provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- When you receive your statement, you will be allowed to shop for accounts that are still open. At this time, you will be able to find out about any closed charges you may have. Bank of America will let you know how long you have left on your Account before the process officially begins.
- Once you pay off this open Account, you will need to apply for a closed account. This means that you will have to pay off the balance and close the Account within a specific period. This can be as short as thirty days to as long as three years. If you have not yet taken out a credit card, this option may not be available.
[Video] How to Close Bank of America Account Online? Can You Close BOA Account Online?
After you have closed the Account, you will have to pay off the amount that you can. This is usually a fixed amount, although it can vary from company to company. You should expect to have to pay between two hundred and six hundred dollars depending on the amount of credit that you’ve left on your Account. In addition, you will have to pay the amount of the outstanding balance plus the introductory rate balance.
You will be able to access your bank’s website during the closing process to ensure that you do not have to enter your information in any other place. Make sure that you have a printer out if you need to print out documents and letters that you need to send out after you close the Account. These documents include but are not limited to a Notice of Closing, a receipt, and your credit card statements. You can use the bank’s website or pick up the phone to speak with a customer service representative to assist you with these tasks.
Things to take care of before closing the Account
If you need to close your Account quickly, there are many online resources you can tap into. Many of these will help you out in any way they can, including letting you know your options. For example, Bank of America has an excellent customer service department that can be reached live or by phone. If this is the route you choose, once you have submitted your information, the process will begin. A representative will call you to discuss the details of your Account and tell you what options are available to you. Once you have chosen the option you feel will best meet your needs, your Account will be closed, and you can move on with your life.
You will need to go to the main website and apply for an account. There is not much difference when using funds at Bank of America instead of other financial institutions. They want to see that you are a reliable borrower and have a good credit rating. After you have submitted your application, the bank needs to verify information and documents. They will send you a letter confirming the information you provided. Then you should receive a confirmation in the mail.
Once you get the letter from the bank, it is time to log on to the internet and find instructions on how to close an account online. You can find instructions for most accounts online. This is the quickest and easiest way to close a Bank of America account. However, it does not always work.
If you do not close your Account online, then several things could happen. First, your Account could end up in collections. The amount of time it takes to place a collection into the system varies by the bank, so you should check their policies.
Secondly, if you do not close your Account, you might be subject to overdraft fees. The fees vary by bank, and you will want to look at this before you do anything. You also might not get the amount of money you expected if you do not close. This is really up to the bank, but they might agree to an amount you prefer instead. Again, be sure to read all policies before you do anything.
Thirdly, it may take more than one attempt to close your Account. Each time it fails, you have to re-apply, and you are usually spending more money. So it is better to try and have the Account closed as quickly as possible. So make sure you have the right decision on your hand before closing the Account from anywhere or in any banks out there.
What will we do if there is no online closing option?
Nothing to worry about; just choose the other banking services and transfer all your funds from the bank of America’s Account to another one.
No, there are no hidden charges to close the Account online but y, you have to provide a good bank balance statement to the bank of America.
What are the Charges taken by banks for maintaining a low balance account?
It approx $25 on a minimum $300 Amount if you spend this much smaller on your Account.
Closing the Account will affect my Credit Score?
No, it should not directly affect your credit score if you close the bank account with the proper balance amount.
What are the options available to close the bank of America accounts online?
There are various ways like you can call directly to the bank and also you can mail them with your closing requirements.
The final part of the closing process will be the deposit of your remaining balance. This can take up to four weeks, depending on when you became a customer of Bank of America. Upon receiving the deposit, the amount of time allotted for the depositing of the balance will begin. At this point, you will have the opportunity to change your debit card or credit card. This process should only take up to one hour, depending on how fast you move.
Read more articles: